st: initial values not feasible -xtpmg

From   Hope Kayiska Chavula <chavulah@yahoo.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: initial values not feasible -xtpmg
Date   Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:09:46 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to run a model using xtpmg command and am getting the stated error r(1400). I have tried to search the archive but the only related explanation to the problem comes from using the frontier command. Could somebody help please out there. The model am estimating is:
xtpmg d.lgdp d.gdi d.lpsenrol d.lmobile if year>=1990, lr(l.gdp lgdi lpsenrol lmobile) ec(ec) replace pmg.
Note that I get results the first time I run the nodel, however the error appears when I try to remove some observations with zeros in the sample as I feel the inclusion of these observation is affecting the outcome (ie after reducing the sample). Please help

Hope Kayiska Chavula