st: How to remove cross-sections with high number of missing values in panel data analysis

From   Prabhat <prabhat.barnwal@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: How to remove cross-sections with high number of missing values in panel data analysis
Date   Sat, 20 Feb 2010 14:46:41 +0900

Dear members,

I am new to STATA.

While analyzing a panel with 23 crosssections and 30 years, I am
getting abnormal results in some cases thanks to very few number of
observations (less than 5)  in each cross sections.

Is there any quick way to convert the value of variable in
consideration to missing in all those cross-sections with insufficient
data.

In summary,

I have
3 observations of y for ID=25
2 observations of y for ID=58

and so on

where y can have up to 30 observations for each cross-section i.e. each ID.

I need to set up some rule, which automatically discards one
cross-section if number of missing values is very high.

Any comment will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regrads,
Prabhat