st: stochastic frontier analysis efficiency scores

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: stochastic frontier analysis efficiency scores
Date   Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:39:35 +0100

We have a panel dataset covering all Valuations for 30 companies for each
year between 2001 and 2009 as well as several independent variables.
Therefore, we applied a xtfrontier model to discover the technical
efficiency for each company and each year. Now we have the problem that
the efficiency scores vary in each year but the yearly ranking of all
companies remains the same which we consider highly unlikely.

We used following command: xtfrontier logdep indep1 indep2  l indep3  l
indep4  l indep5  l indep6  l indep7, tvd i(id) t( idtime)

and for the post estimation we used: predict efficiency, te

What we try to find out: Does the efficiency of the companies increase or
decrease over time and does the ranking between the companies change in
regard to technical efficiency. Therefore, we are not quite sure how to
use xtfrontier command or if we should apply frontier analysis for each
year separately.

We would appreciate your help and to let us know which model we should
apply

Best regards,
Arne