st: thanks and a comment

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <Peter.Lachenbruch@oregonstate.edu>
Subject   st: thanks and a comment
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:30:21 -0800

I've been intending to send an e-bouquet of roses to the frequent contributors to this list who do a tremendous amount of work for the rest of us.

These would include Nick Cox, Maarten Buis, Martin Weiss, Kit Baum, Steve Samuels and the Stata Staff.

The comment is that about a year or so ago, Nick commented that one should (re)read the User's Guide about once a year.  I took the advice and learned a lot.  Recently, I was doing some graphics programming and embarked on reading the Graphics manual.  That was an eye-opener to me.  I suspect that when one is working on any particular problem/command, reading the appropriate sections of the manual is a very good (if not mandatory) idea.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University