st: Which distribution to choose in AFT surivival model

From   Yanling Wang <yanling_wang@carleton.ca>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Which distribution to choose in AFT surivival model
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:10:12 -0500 (EST)

I have a case of unbalanced survival panel data, and I have tested that cox PH does not hold. So, I have to switch to a AFT type model. Given the nature of panel data with time-varying variables, are there any rules on which distribution to choose in AFT model? Also, when plotting a kernel density of durations, should we only plot the max duration for each subject, or every single duration in the dataset?

Thanks,

Yanling