st: Inequality of education: ineqdec0?

From   "Francesco Burchi" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Inequality of education: ineqdec0?
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:16:44 +0100

Dear Statalisters,

I am using individual data to calculate inequality of educational
participation across people in a country in 3 different year. I would
like to compute the Gini coefficient and possibly other indices of
inequality on the variable "years of schooling". Can I use the simple
Ineqdec0 EDU ?

The problems is that years of schooling is a discrete variable, which
presents many 0-values, and I am not sure whether I can use the same
procedure used for computing income inequality. Moreover, can I compare
directly the indices for the three years?