st: AW: help with twoway bar chart using by option

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: help with twoway bar chart using by option
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 16:44:07 +0100

You want to look at

help added_text_options

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Miranda Kim
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 18. Februar 2010 16:11
Betreff: st: help with twoway bar chart using by option

I am a Stata v11 user, and would very much appreciate any suggestions on
the following:

I would like to produce a twoway bar chart using the by option, for example:

For example:
sysuse auto, clear
collapse (mean) mean = mpg, by(foreign rep78)
twoway bar mean rep78, by(foreign)

I would then like to insert a different text box in each plot area.

So in the example above, how could I insert a text box in the ?Domestic?
plot area that says ?hello? and a textbox in the foreign area that says

At present, I only know how to insert a textbox that is replicated in
both plot areas...

The graph I am producing has many more formatting specifications to make
it look nice, but I have just used the above example to help illustrate
the specific issue I cannot, at present, resolve.

Many thanks,