Re: st: nonparametric regression with sampling weights

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: nonparametric regression with sampling weights
Date   Thu, 18 Feb 2010 14:38:02 +0000

I don't know what questions you intend to answer. However, a rank stats package that allows sampling probability weights is the -somersd- package, downloadable from SSC.

The -somersd- package estimates a wide range of rank statistics, which are versions of Kendall's tau-a, Somers' D, or Theil-Sen median slopes, allowing the possibility of sampling probability weights and/or restriction to comparisons within strata. Apart from the .pdf manuals distributed with -somersd-, there are 3 Stata Journal references referred to in the on-line help, which can be downloaded from
http://www.stata-journal.com/archives.html

There is also an example presented at a Stata User Meeting (Newson, 2006), which can be downloaded from
http://ideas.repec.org/s/boc/usug06.html

I hope this helps. BEst wishes

Roger