Re: st: Combining multiple survey data sets

From   Ángel Rodríguez Laso <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Combining multiple survey data sets
Date   Tue, 16 Feb 2010 15:17:02 +0100

Dear James,

While waiting for more knowledgeable answers, I can address your first question:

> 1) In a simple bivariate analysis, I want to compare the prevalences of
> chronic medical conditions in each data set. But how can I tell Stata to use
> one set of survey parameters for cases in the NCS-R and another for cases in
> my local data set?

You can combine strata from both surveys in the same strata variable
that will be used when svysetting; just make sure the codes for strata
from different surveys do not overlap. You can combine PSU codes in
the same fashion, just making sure numbers or names of PSUs from both
surveys are not repeated. Weights can be combined in the same variable
without further consideration.

> Also, how important is it to control for a finite
> population correction factor?  I have not done this in any analyses
> previously.

See this message: http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-02/msg00806.html

Best regards,

Angel Rodriguez-Laso