Re: st: All entries saved as integers

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: All entries saved as integers
Date   Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:33:23 -0500

I once had a similar problem after loading a corrupted
dataset - even after I -clear-ed the dataset, I could
create new byte variables and find garbage in them.

Later determined that it didn't matter if the dataset was
in memory, just that I had loaded it at some point.

Sounds like you resolved yours with an update, but it happens
again, consider your dataset.

Hans Henrik Sievertsen wrote:
Hi all,

I suddenly experience that all my entries in stata are saved as integers?
How can that be?
If I for instance type:

. clear

. set obs 10