Re: st: Collapse with sum function and missing values

From   Michael Mitchell <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Collapse with sum function and missing values
Date   Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:13:09 -0800

Thanks all, both for the general thoughts on the underlying rationale
for this, as well as the practical suggestions. As some noted, I could
do this...

. collapse (sum) x (count) nonmiss=x, by(group)
. replace x=. if nonmiss==0

I have about 100 "x" values, and there is no pattern to the names. All
methods I can think of for ensuring that the "x" values are . when all
members of the group are . involve either substantial typing or a fair
amount of programming. Am I overlooking a simple solution for this?

Thanks,

Michael