RE: st: RE: New rules

From   "" <>
Subject   RE: st: RE: New rules
Date   Wed, 3 Feb 2010 22:36:46 -0500

I guess I missed most of the fireworks which is just as well.  I took a
quick look at the Statalist archives & saw that Jann has been contributing
from at least as far back as 2004 & Wada back to 2005 or earlier.
Presumably there was a period when one, probably both, were strong
contributors to Statalist.  I don't see how a one-day screening at
subscription time can possibly weed out future trouble-makers.  Tony's
suggestion strikes me as more efficient & efficacious.

Original Message:
From: Lachenbruch, Peter
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:05:12 -0800
Subject: st: RE: New rules

I'm not sure the screening will work - someone can log in and later become
a pain in the neck.  The solution is to give them one or  two  warnings
about inappropriate mail and then BOOM!

New subscribers will have to go through a screening process that will add
time, hopefully less than a day, before they can subscribe. The screening
process is
designed to keep some, hopefully very few, people out...
Keep on listing!

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft® Exchange technology -