st: RE: RE: Equivalent to "more" inside a loop

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Equivalent to "more" inside a loop
Date   Mon, 1 Feb 2010 22:52:53 +0100

Well, it does not seem to prevent Stata from drawing the next graph. I end up with the -scatter- of weight against length, without any chance to intervene:

sysuse auto, clear

foreach var of varlist mpg price weight{
		sc `var' length

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: Montag, 1. Februar 2010 22:45
Subject: st: RE: Equivalent to "more" inside a loop

This works fine for me:

. forval i = 1/10 {
  2.         di "this is statement `i'"
  3.         more
  4. }

At each -more- I need to press the bar.

What doesn't work with your code?

Thomas Speidel

Is there an option that I can place inside a loop to make Stata stop, let
the user digest the output, and move on after that?
Much like the "more" and set more on/off, where I can press the spacebar
to move on.  This is to be placed inside a loop that generates a sequence
of graphs.  help more and help window manage did not bring me far.