st: RE: RE: Equivalent to "more" inside a loop

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Equivalent to "more" inside a loop
Date   Mon, 1 Feb 2010 21:50:13 -0000

By the way, the help for -fs- on SSC gives this more interesting example:

    . fs *.gph
    . foreach f in `r(files)' {
    .         graph use `f'
    .         more
    . }

Nick Cox

This works fine for me:

. forval i = 1/10 {
  2.         di "this is statement `i'"
  3.         more
  4. }

At each -more- I need to press the bar.

What doesn't work with your code?

Thomas Speidel

Is there an option that I can place inside a loop to make Stata stop, let
the user digest the output, and move on after that?
Much like the "more" and set more on/off, where I can press the spacebar
to move on.  This is to be placed inside a loop that generates a sequence
of graphs.  help more and help window manage did not bring me far.