Re: st: Multiplying coefficients and standard errors in -estout-

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Multiplying coefficients and standard errors in -estout-
Date   Mon, 1 Feb 2010 08:45:45 +0000 (GMT)

--- On Mon, 1/2/10, Bert Jung wrote:
> I am reporting coefficients from a linear probability model
> using -estout- and -esttab-.  I would like to multiply the
> coefficients with 100 so that readers can interpret them as
> percentage point change.  I tried the -transform(@*100)-
> option in estout which works for the coefficients but
> struggle with the standard errors.

A linear probability model is in most disciplines considered
as a model that has only didactic value as a starting point
for "serious" models for binary dependent variables like
-logit- and -probit-. So you probably don't want to use that

However, to answer your question: The easiest way is to
multiply your dependent variable with 100 before estimating
your model, as in the example below:

*---------- begin example -----------
sysuse auto, clear
gen for100 = foreign*100
eststo: reg foreign mpg rep78
eststo: reg for100 mpg rep78
esttab, se
*------------ end example ------------
( For more on how to use examples I sent to statalist see:

Hope this helps,

Ps. remember that you are asked to report where you have
gotten user written programs from. I am assuming you got
-estout- by typing in Stata -ssc install estout-.

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen
Wilhelmstrasse 36