st: Filling missing values

From   "Song" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Filling missing values
Date   Sun, 31 Jan 2010 17:24:16 -0600

Dear all,

I would like to fill the missing value in var1 based on the trend of the
same variable (=var1) instead of using additional independent variable.
However, "ipolate" requires an independent variable. How can I fill the
missing value based on the trend of the variable itself? I would like to use
exponential decay for var1, but a linear trend is also fine.

id  var1
1    45
2    37
3    32