Re: st: Which command to test whether proportions of categories are the same in two sets of people?

From   Jen Zhen <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Which command to test whether proportions of categories are the same in two sets of people?
Date   Fri, 29 Jan 2010 13:33:17 -0500

Many thanks for your replies, the Hotelling test seems to do a good
job for what I want.

One follow-up question though would be whether it might be even better
to instead use (for both the continuous and the categorical, but
ordered variable) a non-parametric test, like the
Wilcoxon-Mann-Whitney test? Power is not an issue, as our sample is
quite large...

Thanks,