st: Translog production function and panel data

From   Anta Ndoye FAYE <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Translog production function and panel data
Date   Thu, 28 Jan 2010 15:54:24 +0100

Dear all,

I am relatively new to Stata and would like to know how to estimate the parameters of a translog production function with Stata. I am not interested in the estimation of the efficiency as suggested by the command xtfrontier but rather in the estimation of the elasticities of output with respect to my three inputs : capital, labor and materials and also the estimation of a price-cost markup when there is imperfect competition. Therefore i would like to know how to derive a function analytically with Stata 11 to obtain elasticities and then use those very same elasticities in the estimation non linear parameters. I must precise that my data is an unbalanced panel data of 30 years. Hence i want to use a Gmm procedure for the estimation. Any suggestions or comments are welcomed
Best regards,

--
Anta Ndoye FAYE
Phd Student