st: Dummy variable from imputed variable

From   Tim Malacarne <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Dummy variable from imputed variable
Date   Mon, 25 Jan 2010 14:50:45 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

Does anyone know how to create a dummy variable based on percentile ranges of a multiply imputed variable using Stata 11?  I have imputed income and want to create dummies representing ranges of the income distribution for each imputation, but I've been unable to find a way to vary the cut points with for the different imputations.

I can use "mi passive: generate dummy if inc>x & inc<y" to create dummies in each imputation, but as each imputation has a different value for its 90 %, this isn't ideal.

Thanks a lot,
Tim