st: update ldecomp

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   stata list <[email protected]>
Subject   st: update ldecomp
Date   Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:15:01 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to Kit Baum an update of the -ldecomp- package is now
available from SSC. -ldecomp- decomposes a the effect of a
categorical variable in a -logit- regresion in a direct and
indirect effect. For example, we may believe that having a
college degree directly influences someones probability of
being a member of a union, but also indirectly because
they tend to get jobs in higher occupations, and people in
higher occupations tend to be less likely to be a union
member. A more detailed description with examples can be
found here: <http://www.maartenbuis.nl/software/ldecomp.html>.

In this update I allowed users to specify control variables.
To update type in Stata -ssc instal ldecomp, replace-.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen