Re: st: Using nonlinear constraints in an ordered probit

From   Roger Harbord <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using nonlinear constraints in an ordered probit
Date   Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:09:40 +0000

Possibly isotonic regression, as estimated using the
'pool-adjacent-violators algorithm (PAVA), might be one solution. Wim
van Putten wrote a program -ira- to do isotonic regression analysis
using PAVA as part of a package -wvpreg- that used to be available
from his personal website, but unfortunately that no longer exists.
-ira- was written in Stata version 5.0 so appears a little
old-fashioned now but still works. The package gives Wim van Putten's
email address as [email protected] -- a quick check on Google
Scholar suggests he's still at Erasmus University Medical Center, so
anyone wishing to obtain the package could try emailing him.

Roger.

--
Roger Harbord
http://www.epi.bris.ac.uk/staff/rharbord.htm