RE: st: bottom to top or reverse cumulative distribution in table command?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: bottom to top or reverse cumulative distribution in table command?
Date   Wed, 20 Jan 2010 16:51:57 -0000

I'll look at -groups- to see if this functionality can be added.

Thanks to Martin, Maarten and Nick for your help!

There are many ways to calculate reverse cumulative distributions in a do file and I already have used that. What I was looking for was a quick and easy solution. I often have people on the phone asking for results and it occurred to me that I couldn't produce this kind of data on the fly (calculation in the head is one option but may be error-prone while talking on the phone).

- "cumul, equal" works, but requires some additional programming.

- "groups, show(rvpercent)" is very flexible but - as far as I see  - not exactly what I wanted. Options like RVpercent, rpercent or Rpercent produce reverse cumulative distributions of the type "percentage of cases bigger than x" , not "bigger than or equal to x". It works but for "equal or bigger" one has to pick the result from the previous line.

- reversecum works fine. It's a bit slow (compared to the tabulate-command) with big datasets because of the use of preserve, contract and restore, but produces what I was looking for.