st: a question about the method to get cumulative work experience in longititude data

From   zhou nan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: a question about the method to get cumulative work experience in longititude data
Date   Tue, 19 Jan 2010 15:09:12 -0800 (PST)

Hey,

I met a big problem to get the cumulative work experience in longitudinal data. I treat the longitudinal data as pooled data thus for the same person with different jobs, I treat them as different person. so, the cumulative work experience for the 2nd or later obs should be the work in this job + previous job exp - overlapping work time, some ones work more than one job at the same time or previous job ending time after the next job starting time. that is, there has some time the two jobs overlap each other. so, how to do it?

I totally have no idea about it and thanks for any valuable suggestions.

there is example data I have attached with this email. plz check it. thanks

Best Wishes
Nan