Re: st: RE: Pearson's correlation coefficient

Subject   Re: st: RE: Pearson's correlation coefficient
Date   Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:51:45 -0500

Martin Weiss <[email protected]>:
Note that the sig option does not give a standard error on the
correlation.  Instead, it gives the p value from a test of b=0 in a
linear regression, which is also a test of zero correlation.

sysuse auto, clear
pwcorr headroom price, sig
estat vce
reg price headroom
estat vce
reg headroom price

For more interesting hypotheses, the problem is harder.
See also e.g.
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2009-01/msg00827.html
for some relevant discussion.