Re: st: Pearson's correlation coefficient

Subject   Re: st: Pearson's correlation coefficient
Date   Wed, 13 Jan 2010 14:26:54 -0500

Sibel S. <[email protected]>:

use http://pped.org/card
egen ped=rowmean(fatheduc motheduc)
corr educ ped
reg educ ped, beta
reg educ ped [pw=weight], beta
spearman educ ped

but see also e.g.
http://www.urban.org/publications/411889.html
http://www.bepress.com/bejeap/vol7/iss2/art10

Do you have clustered survey data?  The SE is not so straightforward
in any case, but esp. hard for that most common form of data.