st: Query - Svyset command

From   Michael Begg <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Query - Svyset command
Date   Wed, 13 Jan 2010 18:54:05 +1100

Hi,

I am trying to set the survey design for the following survey:

A two stage stratified sampling procedure based on provinces and urban/rural location

20 provinces were chosen for the survey, from which, 340 enumeration areas were randomly selected, from which, 30 households were randomly sampled if the EA was urban and 40 households were randomly sampled if the EA was rural.

I am unsure what the syntax for the svyset command should be in the case of the 2 stratum

If I generate the following variables:
	province = a indicator of the provinces chosen for the survey;
	ea = an indicator of the EA chosen for the survey;
	rural = an indicator of urban/rural location.
	n_ea = the number of EAs per province.
	n_hh = the number of hhs per ea

I am on the right track with what's below or do I need another variable -n_hh2- equal to the number of hhs per urban/rural location?

svyset ea [pw=weight], strata(province) fpc(n_ea) || hh, strata(rural) fpc(n_hh)

Cheers

Michael