st: Standardized Beta and Multiple Imputation in Stata 11

From   Alan Acock <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Standardized Beta and Multiple Imputation in Stata 11
Date   Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:33:03 -0800

Here is a grat new command to do this.

Yula Marchenko wrote a command, mibeta (findit mibeta), that does everything McDonald requested and more. It reports standardized beta weights and R-square when doing multiple imputation. It has an option to apply Fisher's z transformation in doing this given the upper limit issue of R-square and beta weights (under normal conditions). It  can incorporate any of the mi estimate options such as reporting the relative efficiency for each parameter estimate for your number of imputed datasets, m, compared to an infinite number of imputed datasets. Here is a brief description Yulia has in the help file.

"By default, mibeta reports descriptive statistics (mean, median, minimum,
    maximum, and the 25th and the 75th percentiles) of standardized coefficients,
    R-squared and adjusted R-squared coefficients using the original scale.  The
    reported mean statistic obtained by averaging the estimates of these measures
    over imputed data (that is, by applying Rubin's rules to the estimates in the
    original metric) must be used with caution because the distribution of these
    measures is not symmetric and may be far from Normal.  Harel (2009) suggests to
    use Fisher's z transformation for the R-squared measures to improve normality
    (option fihserz).  Marshall et al. (2009) recommend to look at quantiles (as
    also reported by mibeta) of the distribution over the imputed datasets to
    obtain more appropriate estimates."