Re: st: significant digits format

From   Roy Wada <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: significant digits format
Date   Tue, 12 Jan 2010 09:58:11 -0800

> What's more, I haven't seen any guidelines on Stata or SSC  (or in
> open-source programming in general) that defines how authors must cite
> others' open-source work or that prohibits someone from using other
> code to help recreate functionality.   I don't see that you have any
> kind of creative commons or copyright on your adofile.

Exactly. There should a common guideline.

Authorship is a different concept than copyright. Publishing it on web
does not invalidate authorship. This is something kids sitting in the
back of classroom don't understand when they turn in something they
found on the web as their own. Neither does Ben.

Roy