st: RE: forvalues loop shuts down when asked to "jump over" certain values

From   "Kieran McCaul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: forvalues loop shuts down when asked to "jump over" certain values
Date   Fri, 8 Jan 2010 06:35:20 +0800

try the following:

forvalues i = 101(1)1301 {
local j = round(`i'/100,0.01)
capture confirm file `j'SURVEY.csv
if _rc==0 {
blah blah blah
}}

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dorothy
Bridges
Sent: Friday, 8 January 2010 6:16 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: forvalues loop shuts down when asked to "jump over" certain
values

Hi everyone,

I have a forvalues loop along the following lines:

forvalues i = 1.01(.01)13.01 {
capture confirm file `i'SURVEY.csv
if _rc==0 {
blah blah blah
}
}

My list of files is along the lines of:

1.01SURVEY.csv
1.02SURVEY.csv
1.03SURVEY.csv
1.04DATA.csv
1.05SURVEY.csv.

The loop works perfectly for the first three files, then stops when it
gets to 1.04DATA ... I want it to go on to 1.05SURVEY.  I attempted to
solve this problem with the capture confirm line, but no luck.  I
think I need another expression along the lines of, "if _rc~=0,
(continue the loop)".

Many thanks,
Dorothy