st: RE: MMerge returns an error on temp file

Subject   st: RE: MMerge returns an error on temp file
Date   Tue, 5 Jan 2010 19:42:36 +0100

<>

So -mmerge- is user-written and easily obtained via -ssc d mmerge-

Re -tempfile- problems, you want to read
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2007-08/msg01124.html

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Dana Chandler
Sent: Dienstag, 5. Januar 2010 19:21
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: MMerge returns an error on temp file

When using mmerge, I sometimes get an error that the tempfile that
mmerge is creating somewhere already exists.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? The result is that the
mmerge doesn't go through. However, if I repeat the command it often
goes through on the second time. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Perhaps I need to adjust some setting on temporary files to handle
them better?

Below is the command and code that was returned. Thanks in advance.

mmerge stateplace using "`proj_dir'/Derived_Data/Main
Project/BR_1_iso.dta", type(n:1) umatch(stateplace) ukeep(stateplace)
file C:\DOCUME~1\dchandle\LOCALS~1\Temp\ST_0000000e.tmp already exists
r(602);