Re: st: PCA and rotation

From   kornbrot <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: PCA and rotation
Date   Mon, 28 Dec 2009 11:41:22 +0000

Title: Re: st: PCA and rotation
The following intereesting article recommends
  1. ALWAYS use factor analysis not principal components, as errors are included in PC anf may differ across replications
  2. ALWAYS use oblique rotation rather than orthogonal rotation, as otherwise you may miss higher order factors
Reeve, C. L., & Blacksmith, N. (2009). Identifying g: A review of current factor analytic practices in the science of mental abilities. Intelligence, 37(5), 487-494. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6W4M-4WN8H8G-1/2/b92c4e9a744cb75285467c53e906aed6.

Makes sens to me.
Other views?

Best

diana