Re: RE: RE: st: RE: a specific data management problem

From   [email protected]
To   statalist<[email protected]>
Subject   Re: RE: RE: st: RE: a specific data management problem
Date   Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:32:39 +0800

Martin,
thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Rose.

----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Weiss <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: RE: st: RE: a specific data management problem
Date: 2009-12-23 20:13:01

<>

"I want to check whether x is the same in every id. How to do it ?"

-sort- and friends do operate on strings, so just:

*************
clear*
input id str6 x
1 a
1 b
2 a
2 a
3 s
3 a
3 f
4 e
5 e
5 t
5 q
end

bys id (x): gen byte allthesame=x[1]==x[_N]
l if allthesame, noo sepby(id)
l if !allthesame, noo sepby(id)

HTH
Martin