Re: st: Labelling the legend removes the legend count in spmap

From   Scott Merryman <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Labelling the legend removes the legend count in spmap
Date   Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:24:32 -0600

It is because the legend count if part of the label - so when you
relabel the legend the legend count is over written.  You will need to
count the areas before -spmap-, store the count number, and then add
the count to legend label:

Also keep in mind that -spmap- counts polygons and not states or
geopolitical areas.  For example Michigan is made up of mulitple
polygons which will cause the legend count to be greater than the
total number of states.

Scott