SV: st: svy proportion

From   "Tomas Lind" <>
To   <>
Subject   SV: st: svy proportion
Date   Sun, 20 Dec 2009 13:31:12 +0100

Many thanks for your advice!

I apologise for the "test" posting. We had a breakdown at the mail server
which was a source of much confusion. The "test" mail was definitely not
intended to go to the Stata list.

Many thanks

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
[] För Maarten buis
Skickat: den 19 december 2009 18:44
Ämne: Re: st: svy proportion

--- On Sat, 19/12/09, Tomas Lind wrote:
> I have survey data and now I want to compare proportion
> "yeas" in different areas with proportion "yeas"
> calculated over all areas (does this area differ from the
> "superaverage").

A proportion is just the mean of a dummy variable.
So you can estimate those with svy: regress. A
comparison with the overal mean is called effect
coding. This coding scheme is available in -xi3-,
which you can download by typing -findit xi3-.

Hope this helps,

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie
Universitaet Tuebingen