st: RE: Panel data. Multiple variables generation.

Subject   st: RE: Panel data. Multiple variables generation.
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:00:48 +0100

<>

You want to look at the -sum()- function, but deeper answers require an
excerpt of your data. You can condition within the argument to the function,
as seen here:

*******

clear*
set obs 10

gen num=_n

gen var=rnormal()<.5

gen runningsum=sum(var)
gen runningsumodd=sum(var*mod(_n,2))

list, noo ab(20)
*******

If you want a constant sum, look at -egen, total()-...

HTH
Martin