st: FAQ = AAQ (already answered questions)!

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: FAQ = AAQ (already answered questions)!
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 17:19:27 -0000

Not for the first time today, people are asking questions that are
already answered in the FAQ.

Let me bundle them in one:

1. Posts can not be deleted from the archive. Period. Stop. End of
story.

2. There is a clear request in the FAQ not to send "out of office"
messages, either to the list or to people sending to the list, and
advice on precisely how not to do that. (I hope the various people who
promised faithfully to reply to me after their three-week break are all
lying.)

3. It is in general a bad idea to pester people active on the list with
requests to provide private support. Pleas of desperation and urgency do
not soften our hearts. (I'm referring to private posts, but I thought
I'd slip that in any way.)

Nick Scrooge
[email protected]

Anderson, Bradley

I'm sorry, I meant to start a new thread. Can this be deleted?