st: AW: Log in PDF format

Subject   st: AW: Log in PDF format
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:11:52 +0100

<>

Depending on your platform, pdf can be a natural format - as for Macs- or
must be "imposed" on the OS. I have consistently used Windows, so I have a
template for pdflogs in my text editor that relies on Miktex utility
"ps2pdf" to transfer the smcl file:

*************
//to log in an additional log and have it transferred to pdf

//can set -linesize-
set linesize 120

//close if open
capt log close newlog
di in red _rc

log using mylog.smcl, name(newlog) replace
//do whatever you want in the log

//trace the thing with Ben Jann`s tool
//tr:

//or use conventional set trace on/off
//set trace on

//set trace off

log close newlog

//translate
translate mylog.smcl mylog.ps, replace
//need Miktex utilities running on computer for this step
!ps2pdf mylog.ps
capt erase mylog.ps
!start mylog.pdf

HTH