Re: st: clogit, "initial values not feasible" error

From   joachim jarreau <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: clogit, "initial values not feasible" error
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:07:53 +0100

Thank you for your answer. I have good reasons to think that
heterogeneity across countries also matters for the outcome i study,
which is why Id also want to control for it using country
fixed-effects. I only defined "country" as the "group" in -clogit- in
order to minimize the number of fixed effects I include "by hand" -
because there is more countries than provinces or sectors. I thought
that this would reduce computation time, and that it was equivalent to
defining e.g. provinces as the group variable. It seems to me that it
should lead to the same model being estimated.. but I may be wrong in
making this assumption - Ill check this.

joachim