st: Using do files in Windows 7 and XP

From   kokootchke <>
To   statalist <>
Subject   st: Using do files in Windows 7 and XP
Date   Fri, 18 Dec 2009 01:17:01 -0500

Dear all:

I have always had all of my do files in my desktop, which runs Windows XP. The do files make lots of references to folders such as "C:\Documents and Settings\Adrian\My Documents\research". Now, I just bought a laptop that runs Windows 7. How can I use those files on my new computer (the laptop)? I thought I could manually create a folder called "Documents and Settings\Adrian\My Documents\research" but that seemed like a "brute-force" solution. Any ideas?

Thank you!