st: Svy mean using subpop and incorrect number of observations

From   "Ridolfo, Heather E. (CDC/CCHIS/NCHS)" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Svy mean using subpop and incorrect number of observations
Date   Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:54:52 -0500

I posted a message in July 2008 about problems I was encountering when
using svy mean:
"Using svy: mean- with option -subpop() I noticed that it is reporting a
smaller estimation sample than the number of observations in my
dataset."

The reply I got back said:
"We have verified that -svy: mean- is incorrectly dropping out-of-subpop
observations that contain missing values in the variables of the
varlist. The only other affected commands are -svy: proportion-, -svy:
ratio-, and -svy: total-. We hope to have this fixed in the next Stata
update (within the next few weeks)"

However, I continue to experience this problem a year and half later
when trying to run the following command:
Svyset PSU [pweight = nweight], strata(STRATUM) singleunit(centered)
Svy, subpop(allsp): mean RA sevimpft ADLS IADLS help UseAD

The number of observations I get back is smaller than the number of
actual observation in the dataset. I am using Stata 10 and as far as I
can tell it's up-to-date.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?