Re: st: Filling polygons in spmap with patterns instead of colors

Subject   Re: st: Filling polygons in spmap with patterns instead of colors
Date   Wed, 16 Dec 2009 18:30:57 -0500

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Alex Olssen <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am drawing a lot of maps using spmap in Stata 10.  I intend to print some of the maps in black and white.  Does anyone know what kind of polygon fill will show up the best?  Is there a way to fill the polygons with patterns such as stripes, dots, crosshatch?  I would need up to 8 different polygon fills.

Yes, (but not in MacOS). See example "PareaMap.PNG" in

http://adeptanalytics.org/radyakin/stata/graphics/radyakin_graphics.zip
http://adeptanalytics.org/radyakin/stata/graphics/radyakin_graphics.htm

Best, Sergiy