st: RE: Incorporating sample design into logistic regression model

Subject   st: RE: Incorporating sample design into logistic regression model
Date   Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:05:17 +0100

<>

Sure you are on the right list?

HTH
Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jamie Burnett
Sent: Mittwoch, 16. Dezember 2009 20:02
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: st: Incorporating sample design into logistic regression model

Hi, I desperately need some help?

How do I go about using logistic regression in SPSS when I have Design
(sample) weights (due to unequal probabilities of selection in my survey)
and I want to take them into account when estimating the beta coefficients
of my model. According to R. Groves and M. Couper 'Nonresponse in Household
Interview Surveys' they talk about estimating the unknown parameters by
maximising the weighted log-likelihood.

Can this be done in SPSS either through simply weighting the data (through
Data>Weight cases) before running a binary logistic regression or do I need
to use the Advanced Generalised Linear Model add-on and include the sample
weight as a scale weight variable? Or do I need the add-on Complex Samples?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Jamie Burnett

====================
This e-mail and all attachments it may contain is confidential and intended
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Ipsos MORI and its associated companies. If you are not
the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in
error and that any use, dissemination, printing, forwarding or copying of
this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender if you have
received this e-mail in error.

Market & Opinion Research International Ltd (trading as Ipsos MORI),
Registered in England and Wales No. 948470, 79-81 Borough Road, London SE1
1FY, United Kingdom. VAT reg no. 443932151. Email: [email protected]