Statalist

Re: st: RE: AW: Creating single values from a nested data file

From   Jeph Herrin <jeph.herrin@yale.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: RE: AW: Creating single values from a nested data file
Date   Wed, 16 Dec 2009 11:04:10 -0500

If I understand correctly,

  bys school : replace classize=. if _n>1

hth,
Jeph

Russel Wildeman wrote:
Thank you Martin

The data look like this School Student Classize female 1 1 35 1
1	2		35	0
1	3		35	1
1	4		35	1
2	1		23	0
2	2		23	1
2	3		23	1
3	1		39	0
3	2		39	1

What I would like is for one of the school-level variables (classize) to
have only one observation per school. Hope I am a bit clearer.

Many thanks,
Russell