st: AW: Re: Stata Journal Index

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: AW: Re: Stata Journal Index
Date   Tue, 15 Dec 2009 17:00:11 +0100

" As Martin suggested, you can look up each article you want in IDEAS:"

I did not, but thanks anyway :-)

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
[] Im Auftrag von Nick Cox
Gesendet: Dienstag, 15. Dezember 2009 16:56
Betreff: st: Re: Stata Journal Index

This is forwarded on behalf of Kit Baum, currently on quasi-vacation in
sunny Britain.

From: Kit Baum <>
Date: December 15, 2009 10:44:47 AM EST
Subject: re: Stata Journal Index

Ricardo said

Maybe I am not sure about what an index is, but when I go to Citation
Index Expanded or CompuMath Citation Index I cans see the Stata Journal
listed but can not see any of the articles. I was expecting something
like PubMed. I wanted to get references for my "reference manager". Any
way to do this?

Nick suggested -findit- and the Stata Journal archives. That will get
the references, but not in a 'reference manager' format. As Martin
suggested, you can look up each article you want in IDEAS:

Either find the article on that page, or use the search box to locate
earlier articles. When you find one you want to save as a bibliographic
reference, click on its title, e.g.

and below the download information you will see

Download reference. The following formats are available: HTML (with
abstract), plain text (with abstract), BibTeX, RIS (EndNote, RefMan,

which will allow you to capture the properly-formatted citation.

Separately, there are a few encoding errors in the metadata for Vol. 9
issue 4 (the December 2009 issue) which will be corrected. The
Cumulative Author Index, vol. 1-9 is not yet complete in that it does
not properly classify articles in that issue. When I return to Boston I
will fix that and post a message about the updated Cumulative Author