st: How do I calculate prvalues for specific time points in my survival analysis?

From   Laura Templeton <>
Subject   st: How do I calculate prvalues for specific time points in my survival analysis?
Date   Tue, 08 Dec 2009 16:20:10 -0700

I am using discrete-time survival analysis to inspect the effects of a host of background variables on employment state. I have 4 years of data which has been broken down into person/month units. Event completion is determined at each month with those finding appropriate employment dropping from further analysis (using stset command). Depending on when a person is dropped from analysis (i.e., event completion=suitable employment), I can have up to 48 time points per person.

My question:

I would like to be able to talk about the predicted probability of white men, white women, non-white men and non-white women finding suitable employment at specific time points (end of year 1, end of year 2, etc) and am having trouble with the code.

So far I am successfully able to report the predicted probability of finding appropriate employment for each additional month in the labour market with this code:

prvalue, x(female 0 vismin 0) rest(mean)

prvalue, x(female 1 vismin 0) rest(mean)

However, what I really want to know is: what is the predicted probability of being appropriately employed by the end of the first year (months==12) or by the end of the 2nd year (months==24) for white men? Or white women? etc…

Any tips on how I would incorporate the time element into my syntax is most appreciated!