st: Re: instrumental variables estimation problems

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Re: instrumental variables estimation problems
Date   Tue, 8 Dec 2009 06:49:29 -0500

<>
-------
sysuse auto,clear
ivregress 2sls price (mpg = weight length)
// these are the proper 2SLS resids: y - orig X * 2SLS beta
predict double eps, res
estat overid

// Sargan stat by hand
reg eps weight length
// compute the uncentered r^2 from this regression
predict double yhat, xb
gen double syhat2 = sum(yhat^2)
gen double seps2 = sum(eps^2)
scalar ur2 = syhat2[_N]/seps2[_N]