st: AW: How can I efficiently see which value of a categorical variable corresponds to which label

Subject   st: AW: How can I efficiently see which value of a categorical variable corresponds to which label
Date   Mon, 7 Dec 2009 13:21:12 +0100

<>

You may also want to look at -codebook- and -inspect-. The Variables Manager
in Stata 11 allows you to efficiently manage value labels, btw.

HTH
Martin

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Jen Zhen
Gesendet: Sonntag, 6. Dezember 2009 00:15
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: How can I efficiently see which value of a categorical variable
corresponds to which label

Dear colleagues,

I have a probably basic question, but to which I could not find a
satisfactory answer:

I have a categorical variable for which different values carry
different labels, and I would like to see which value corresponds to
which label.

Using the -tab varname- command, I can see all labels, and using -tab
varname, nolabel- I can see all values, but since the list of possible
values/labels is long, I'd like to see both at the same time. The only
way I've been able to do this so far is to browse the variable, which
however seems rather ineffiecient as well.

Is there a better command or tab option to do this?

Thanks,
Jen