RE: AW: st: Problem with new version of Stat-transfer

From   "Newson, Roger B" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: AW: st: Problem with new version of Stat-transfer
Date   Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:43:17 +0000

According to my Stat/Transfer 10 documentation, old illegal variable names are used as variable labels in the output dataset. Therefore, you might type something like:

unab vlist: *
foreach X of var `vlist' {
local Xlab: var lab `X'
cap conf name `Xlab'
if _rc==0 {
rename `X' _`Xlab'
}
}

This should convert illegal variable names from the input text dataset to the same names prefixed with underscores.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Roger

Roger B Newson BSc MSc DPhil