st: Saving and editing matrices

From   Emmanuel Guindon <>
Subject   st: Saving and editing matrices
Date   Sun, 29 Nov 2009 17:29:37 -0500

I am using GLLAMM and am trying to:
1) save the matrix e(b) for later use (for example, on a different computer and/or with a slightly different dataset with identical variables); and
2) edit the content of e(b).

I have tried with matsave and matload but this approach seems to be changing the "variable" name slightly so when I load the matrix e(b) to use as starting values I  get an error message.

Thanks in advance for help,

G Emmanuel Guindon,
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA)
McMaster University
Hamilton, ON Canada L8S 4M4
Tel: 1-905-525-9140,  x22986
Fax: 1-905-546-5211