st: RE: Retrieving statistics after pstest to use with estout

Subject   st: RE: Retrieving statistics after pstest to use with estout
Date   Wed, 25 Nov 2009 20:50:50 +0100

<>

It is easy to -display- the call to the estimation command that -eststo-
picks up and -esttab- displays. Taking the example at
http://cameron.econ.ucdavis.edu/mmabook/mmaprograms.html:

*******
u http://cameron.econ.ucdavis.edu/mmabook/nswpsid.dta, clear

psmatch2 TREAT  AGE AGESQ EDUC EDUCSQ

eststo psttest: pstest AGE AGESQ EDUC EDUCSQ,  /*
 */ sum t(TREAT)
esttab psttest

di in r "`e(cmdline)'"
*******

The only difficulty here is the temporary variable that they condition on...

The return list from -pstest- contains only -scalar-s, so you would have to
-trace- the command to see how you can replicate the calculation of your
desired results...

HTH
Martin